Hip, hip, hooray! The fun is here to stay with LEGOLAND® Educational Workshops that are the ultimate application of learning by doing. Independent exploration, discovery, and experimentation by students shape the future of tomorrow for them, and for us at LEGOLAND.
What is our Education Workshops all about?
• Focused learning in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
• Hands-on, collaborative projects. Build simple machines, "green" vehicles and robots!
• Applied learning on life-sized machines - all the rides in LEGOLAND®!
• There are 7 workshops to choose from!
• Teacher Resource Guides: Standards-based, before and after visit worksheets
• All the programs are 45-minute long per session
• Self-guided option is also available
Tall Towers (Age 5-8)
Discover the difference between a shell structure and frame structure. Build a tower. Test it on our earthquake table - how stable is your structure?
Funtastic Gears (Age 5 - 10)
Get in gear! Build a theme park ride and use gears to change the speed and direction. Program uses Early Simple Machines LEGO Education Set.
Download Teacher Resource Guide Here
Get Moving! (Age 7 - 11)
The forces are with you. Discover friction, inertia and wind resistance. Build a car, see the forces at work, and predict which car will win the race and why!
Amazing Machines (Age 8 & above)
Build a simple machine with working gears, levers, and pulleys! Discover how these simple machines make our rides operate inside the park.
Energy Lab (Age 9 & above)
Build a solar-powered car or ride! Collect, store, transfer solar energy to power your vehicle!
Grade appropriate building activity. Program uses Simple and Motorized Mechanisms and Renewable Energy LEGO Education Sets.
LEGO® MINDSTORMS®: Dr. Heartbeat (Age 8 & above)
Join Dr. Heartbeat and the NXT-bots to complete a variety of life savings operations and medical procedures using a computer, light and sound sensors and motors.
LEGO® MINDSTORMS®: Adventure BOT (Age 8 & above)
Go on a mission using the Adventure-bots to retrieve golden marble treasures and hide them from the treasure hunters using a computer, light and sound sensors and motors.